Get in the holiday spirit and leave the driving to us this holiday season as you head to tree lighting events. There are seven tree lighting events in the greater Portland area that are accessible by bus or MAX.
Friday, November 23
- Portland’s Pioneer Courthouse Square, 5:30 p.m. Plan your trip
- Lake Oswego’s Millennium Plaza Park, 5:30 p.m. Plan your trip
Are you headed to the Portland tree lighting ceremony? Please note that the following three MAX stations will be closed 4-7 p.m. due to the large crowd expected at the square: Pioneer Courthouse Square North MAX Station, Pioneer Courthouse Square South MAX Station, and Pioneer Courthouse/SW 6th Ave Station. Get off the MAX a stop before or after these platforms to reach the square. And please remember: the Free Rail Zone in Downtown Portland was eliminated in September, so you’ll need to have a valid fare to ride MAX.
Friday, November 30
- Tigard’s Liberty Park (corner of SW Main Street and SW Pacific Highway), 7 p.m. Plan your trip
Saturday, December 1
- Gresham’s Arts Plaza, 5 p.m. Plan your trip
- Milwaukie City Hall, 4 p.m. Plan your trip
- Downtown Oregon City, 4:30 p.m. Plan your trip
- Hillsboro’s Civic Center Plaza, events start at 1 p.m., tree lighting at 5:30 p.m. Plan your trip
- Sherwood’s Cannery Square Plaza, parade at 4 p.m. with tree lighting immediately to follow. Plan your trip (reduced frequency after 7 p.m.)
Friday, December 7
- Beaverton City Park across from the Beaverton City Library, events start at 6 p.m., tree lighting at 7 p.m. Plan your trip
Avoid the hassle of traffic and parking by hopping on the MAX or a bus to get to the festivities.